Sunday 16 January 2011

Knitwear!!

So this semester, I chose to do knit wear as my elective..(apparently there's only 3 university's that do it in the level of my course!) so definitely a good opportunity for getting placements :)
oh yes.. and I've got the opportunity to use proper knit machines.. I've knitted a few samples... but i fell out with the 10 gauge machine.. as it didn't like any of my thread and it kept breaking them and unthreading my work!!! but the chunky knit was ammazingggg. Cant wait to knit myself a chunky cardigan and jumpers!! 

So while I was researching knit designs I came across Sandra Backlund in my 'Textiles Now' book  by Drusilla Colle. Her work is so imaginative in design and her use of texture is brilliant and will help me so much with design ideas and developments. 
Here are a few of my favourites.. from her different collections. This first one is my absolute favourite with the actress Tilda Swinton modelling!


No comments:

Post a Comment